Monday, December 18, 2017

Make-A-List Monday - Christmas is So Close!

Hi, all!

I know it's hard to believe, but just one week from today at this time, Christmas will be over!  All the work, anticipation, gift buying, wrapping, cooking, cleaning - I know I'll be sitting down with my feet propped up surveying the wreckage one week from right now!  But we're not there yet - so let's look at last week's list and see how it went...

1.  Make a weighted blanket (commission job).
Done!  And of course, as usual, I forgot to take a picture before delivering it!  But my customer was very happy with it.  If you are interested in how to make one, there's a tutorial at the tope of this page, right under the header picture.

2.  Make a dolphin pillow cover.
Done!  I absolutely love the way this turned out...


3.   Order supplies for the t-shirt quilts.
Done!  Those should be here in the next few days, all ready to be started on after Christmas!

4.  Make labels for the kids' annual quilts.
Done!  They are sewn on, too!  Hooray!





5.  Quilt the annual quilts.
Done!  I shared Emmy's last Friday, I'll share Lilli's on Wednesday, and Nathanael's this coming Friday.  It sure feels good to have them finished!


6.  Wrap packages.
Not yet - I've set aside Wednesday for this particular project!

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done.  This quilt went to a man with terminal COPD...


...and this quilt went to a woman who suffered a lot of injuries in a fall.


This quilt went to a woman just diagnosed with breast cancer...


...and this one went to a woman in the end stages of cancer.


8. Find the joy!!
I'm working on it!

So not a bad week - only a little bit to carry over into this week.  Here's my plan for this week....

1.  Wrap packages!

2.  Quilt some quilts for the ministry. (We are completely out of finished quilts!)

3.  Work with DH and Lilli to make lots of Christmas goodies!

4.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

5.  Spend lots of quality time with my grandkids!

So that's my list for the week - and now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. More pretty quilts. Yes, the holidays are arriving soon. I love the quilt labels you made for your kids' quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your ministry quilts are so lovely, a gift from hands and heart.We have 6 days to go, I asked son-in-law was he ready for Santa to call? I hope their parcel from us in the North will be in the south before Saturday. Mail is delivered 3 times a week there in the rural area. Up north, a parcel posted yesterday was delivered at 6.03 p.m. today. New Zealand Post has a track and trace program, you enter the code and up pops the details for pick up, where the parcel is,and courier updates then delivery.They have promised not to look or shake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you got lots done. This Christmas seems so stressful for me this year but it ends now. I am getting older & I can't get it all done so I am taking a vacation at home after Jan 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I continue to be in awe of what you get done every week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the grandkids' quilts! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you! Sounds like you have a busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The background of that dolphin pillow reminds me of a fancy pool with mosaic tile. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!