Monday, October 16, 2017

Make-A-List Monday - Christmas is Breathing Down My Neck....

Hi, all!

Whew!  Made it through last week, and I'm still alive!  I've still got a big deadline this week, but at least there aren't as many things also clamoring for my attention.  Do you have weeks like that - when there are so many things that seem to have the same amount of urgency?  Fortunately there aren't so many of them, but boy they're fun when they come!

Let's take a look at last week's list and how it went...

1.  Work on the t-shirt commission quilt; specifically, nail down the layout and start assembling.
Done!  I managed to finish assembling it this afternoon, and it actually lays flat!  Woohoo!!


2.  Update the information brochure for the quilt ministry.
3.  Prep decorations for the ministry booth at the women's event this coming weekend.
4.  Finish working on stock for the ministry booth.
Done!  Everything came together well, and we had a lovely booth with lots of visitors!  It was fun to share about the quilt ministry with some new folks...  and one of our members happened to have her spinning wheel in her car, so she showed us how to spin!





5.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up this week.
Done!  This quilt went to a woman who was moved into rehab this week...


This one went to a woman with lung cancer, going through chemo...


...and this one went to another woman also diagnosed with 
lung cancer.


This quilt went to a new baby boy!


We also gave a quilt to a young woman going through some hard times right now, but I neglected to get a photo of that one.

I've also been trying to walk each day, and I've taken some beautiful pictures out at the park. This is my favorite one from last week, taken on a very foggy morning...


OK, now that last week is behind me, I have to finish that t-shirt quilt so I can begin the next batch of projects!  Here's my list for this week...

1.  Finish the t-shirt quilt and deliver.

2.  Make another pillow cover - a match for one we sold this weekend (the customer wanted a pair!)

3.  And make one more pillow cover, a special request for a customer!

4.  Quilt a vintage quilt top for a customer.

5.  Cut out Nathanael's annual quilt.

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

I've got dozens of other projects to work on, but these are the most urgent for this week, so I'll start here!  Christmas is coming up so quickly - I've been trying to avoid actually counting the days but I can feel it breathing down my neck - can you?

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. A walk in the foggy beauty, that is beautiful. Very busy, the ministry quilts must be so welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to quilt 2 quilts this weekend and got the binging on one and half on the other one. I also prepped labels and cut and made binding for 2 more that are ready to be finished. I sent you a pic of the auction quilt for church I was telling you about.

    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. like your bridge at the park - I have a park that has several bridges like this

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo from your walk is breathtaking! I enjoy your blog and the way you make your list and then report on it. If you have time, please check out and follow mine: renaissancesandi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo of the bridge. I'm working on getting my pink scraps organized.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your picture of the park! I'm working on Stars on Autumn Lane by Carole at From my Carolina Home. I'm all ready to sew the stars!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!