Monday, July 10, 2017

Make-A-List Monday - I Got a Little Distracted.....


Hi, all!

Where did last week go?  Seems like I just turned around, and it was Monday again.  Some weeks are just like that, I think.  Not much you can do about it but get up and start all over again!  But first, let's see how last week's list went...


1.  Quilt the Free Spirit Fabrics project.
Still waiting, but I did find a great piece of fabric for the backing at Hobby Lobby - beautiful 60" wide chambray that I found on sale for $3 a yard!  Woohoo!!

2.  Print the photos for the photo quilt project.
Started - I have edited the pictures and brought them to the right size, just need to get new ink for the printer and print them out!

3.  Cut out the pieces for the photo quilt project after the fabric arrives.
Didn't get to this one this week.

4.  Make the backs for the t-shirt quilting commission.
Started - the fabrics are pressed - but I got interrupted with a minor emergency before I could put them together this afternoon!

5.  Finish writing the 12DCIJ tutorial.
In progress!  I need to add the photos...

6.  Finish making those pineapple blocks!
And here's where I got completely off track last week!  I finished the pineapple blocks and couldn't resist starting to assemble the Long Time Gone quilt - and once I started to assemble it, nothing would do but that I finished the top!  Here's a peek at the finished product - I'll share more of it on Wednesday!


7.  Cut out the pieces for the twin quilts. (This may be my vacation project over Labor Day if I don't get to it before then.)
I didn't get to this one either...

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
A pretty simple week last week - only one quilt went out, to a woman going through a very discouraging time in her life...




As you can see, I got totally distracted by the Long Time Gone quilt, and everything else fell by the wayside.  The top is done now, and I'll have to put it aside to wait for quilting.  But it is so beautiful, I couldn't resist finishing it at least to this point!  I'll want to take my time quilting it, though, so I'll think on it for a while and get the commission jobs going in the meantime.

So let's see what I've got to get done this week...

1.  Finish writing the tutorial and blogposts for the 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop. (More below!)

2.  Make the backs for the t-shirt quilts.

3.  Baste and quilt those two quilts.

4.  Cut out the pieces for the photo memory quilt.

5.  Print the photos for the photo memory quilt.

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

That's plenty for this week - I'll be surprised if I can get this much done, but it's a good goal to shoot for.  We'll see how it goes!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And here's a heads-up and a sneak peek at the line-up for the 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop, which starts this Friday!

Friday, July 14th


Saturday, July 15th


Sunday, July 16th


Monday, July 17th


Tuesday, July 18th


Wednesday, July 19th


Thursday, July 20th


Friday, July 21st


Saturday, July 22nd


Thirty-four fabulous stops on the hop, loaded with great ideas designed to get your holiday crafting wheels turning!  And on this blog, you'll find a quilt-along for this quilt...


...plus a few surprises, too!  And here's the biggest and best surprise - Free Spirit Fabric will be sponsoring the hop, so there will be giveaways of Tula Pink's new Christmas line, Holiday Homies!  You won't want to miss it!!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Even distractions make you productive - play time is important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to finish piecing a Tumalo Trail quilt. Why does Bonnie Hunter always have so many pieces in her patterns? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to put my backing on my quilt I just finished. And try to start hand quilting it, I know hand quilting(take so long to do) but I love the looks of hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!