Monday, April 10, 2017

Make-A-List Monday - Fun Times Ahead!

Hi, all!

Whew!  Do the weeks just seem to be flying by, or is it just me?  Monday has come again, and with it another set of goals - but first, let's see how last week's list ended up...


1.  Finish the binding on the Dear Jane quilt.
Binding done, quilt finished, and delivered!  It turned out really nicely, I think.  Glad to have this one done!


2.  Begin repairs on the vintage quilt.
Hooray! I have finally started the repairs!  I think I've finished the easy ones - the blocks that can be "protected" with a layer of bridal illusion sewn over them.  The only ones left are the blocks that need some minor hand-sewing repairs, and a few that need to be replaced entirely.

3.  Pull together my project(s) for vacation.
This is in progress.  I have one done, but I still need to put together the kits for the next Long Time Gone blocks, and pick out a "back-up" kit in case I get everything else done!

4.  Quilt a couple of the graduation quilts.
I still didn't get to this one but I'll explain why below!

5.  Make the next set of blocks for the "Long Time Gone" quilt.
Done!  These little individual Jacobs Ladder blocks were fun to make, but I chose a non-traditional layout for the assembled block.


And I also got a head-start on next week's block - I really only meant to cut out the pieces, but then I got involved in laying it out so I think I'll be ahead of the game...


6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  This quilt went to a new baby girl...


...and this one went to a new baby boy!


This quilt went to a teenage girl going through a difficult time.



This quilt went to a woman with multiple health issues...


This one is now in the hands of a woman with breast cancer...


And this one went to a gentleman who just had open heart surgery.


This quilt went to a woman very ill in the hospital ICU unit...


...and this one went to a gentleman just diagnosed with lung cancer.


And here is my big distraction for the week!  I was the happy winner of an orphan block adoption a couple of weeks ago, winning 90 partially assembled one-block wonder blocks and the book, too!  Well, when they arrived this week, I got a little carried away and put them together into this lovely quilt top!  I might have resisted, except that once I got it laid out on my design wall, I realized that I didn't want to take it down and have to lay it out again...


Isn't it pretty?  I love the butterfly fabric that made all these blocks (you can see it in the border) and I have high hopes for the two fabrics I have in my stash set aside for a one-block wonder - I can't wait to see what they look like made up!

So all in all, not too bad - although I'm going to have to buckle down and get started quilting those graduation quilts!  The end of the school year is rushing up on us...

Here's what's on the schedule for this week - a fairly easy week, since I'm getting ready to go on vacation...

1.  Photograph and mail three quilts for the quilt ministry.

2.  Make a slab block and write a tutorial for Wednesday's blogpost.

3.  Put together kits for a couple more of the Long Time Gone blocks.

4.  Continue (and maybe finish?) the repairs on the vintage quilt.

5.  Pull together all the supplies needed for vacation sewing!

6.  Finish (quilt and/or bind) some quilts to restock the quilt ministry stock.

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Well, looks like I'd better get cracking if I'm going to get all this done!   And now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. you have done so much, re the one block wonder uilt what a win it looks great as do the other projects, not come across the long time gone before or i I have I do not remember it

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really busy week, no wonder you put those blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, we will present our first ministry quilt on Sunday. It is going to a family that is adopting a sweet baby girl that was born addicted to drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing the Dear Jane. The scalloped border is awesome! And that One Block Wonder is One Block Wonderful :)

    I'm curious how your ministry group decides which quilt goes to who and would love to learn more about that. Do you meet weekly? How many folks are in the group? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butterfly quilt turned out fabulous Sarah! I'm so glad it went to a good home and that you've got some new ones planned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a photo from someone who adopted my blocks and made the quilt and is donating it to H2H. Wonderful One Block Wonder- one of my favorite type of quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!