Friday, August 19, 2016

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Reverie of Roses...


Hi, all!

Wow!  It's Friday again - does it seem like the weeks are getting shorter and shorter to you too, or is it just me?  Well, short or not, it's time to get our whoop whoop on - are you ready?  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I was kind of worried this week, thinking that I wouldn't have anything whoop-whoop-worthy that I could share (I've been working on some interesting things, but unfortunately they have to stay under wraps for a few more weeks!) and then I remembered that I finished another t-shirt quilt during the 12 Days of Christmas in July quilt-along that I hadn't shared yet!  Woohoo!!


This was another large quilt - it ended up being twin size!  No photography assistant was available, so I laid it out on the ground to get a full shot.  



I really loved the background colors the customer chose for this quilt - a beautiful green called Clover and a soft salmon color called Peach, both of which coordinated with the Reverie of Roses print on the back, which is from the Pretty Roses collection at Connecting Threads.  


Can you see the patch in the left border?  The client had several patches she wanted included in the top, so they were sewn onto the right and left borders after quilting.


Speaking of quilting, I did my usual triple straight line cross-hatch quilting on this one, using my Hera marker to make the stitching guides.  I love that marker - so much easier and neater than chalk, and you don't have to hope it washes out!


Here's a binding shot that shows the quilting pretty well.  I used the Peach fabric from the cornerstones to do the binding, too.


And here's one more shot, just because it's pretty!!  I really think that's one of my favorite backings ever, and I've got some scraps left over that may become part of a dress for one of my pretty granddaughters - it's so pretty and feminine!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

UPDATE:  Want to make one of your own, but don't know where to stop?  I've posted a tutorial with some tips - click HERE to see it!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you dance a little happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you - 
And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight -

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

15 comments:

  1. It seems to take you no time at all to finish the t-shirt quilts! Good job. Now back to my unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quilt. The backing fabric is very pretty, your granddaughters will love their dresses. Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful backing fabric. Great job on the t-shirt quilt. I've not yet made one, but it's on my bucket list. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes you might not think you have accomplished much but you accomplish more than most - I've been getting an extra large scrappy quilt put together and it is going good right now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to you for making a t-shirt quilt! I've only made one and had great difficulty with my thread breaking. Not having made one before, I let the client select the thread and they choose a rayon embroidery thread. I probably should have stuck with cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely backing, Sarah. I will check CT if I can get my hands on it. I have felt that making t-shirt quilts is not very creative. I stand corrected. Love how you incorporated the little pieces in the border. Awesome job!
    Hugs,
    Preeti.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, that backing is so pretty! I am sure the owner of those shirts loves having them in a quilt. The sashing and border colors soften everything. Nice finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the t-shirt quilt, especially with the color choices, as they work well with the t-shirts and the backing

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful finish, Sarah!! The colours really make the t-shirt blocks pop. I really love the first photo on the grass too, beautiful lighting :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  10. The green sashing is perfect! I think I need one of those Hera markers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your quilting. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful T-Shirt quilt Sara, I've never made one. My son-in-law age 33 passed away suddenly and my daughter has asked me to make quilts for my grandkids and her from his T-Shirts. I'm wondering (lazily, without searching your blog) if you have a tutorial for T-Shirt quilts.
    Jeri Oldtisme@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful T-Shirt quilt Sara, I've never made one. My son-in-law age 33 passed away suddenly and my daughter has asked me to make quilts for my grandkids and her from his T-Shirts. I'm wondering (lazily, without searching your blog) if you have a tutorial for T-Shirt quilts.
    Jeri Oldtisme@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice job on the t-shirt quilt. I have some stacks of t-shirts from my two kids waiting to become quilts (someday). The backing is lovely! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sara, just wanted to let you know that your GIF of dancing every Whoop, Whoop day, always makes me smile. Please keep them up!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!