Monday, July 11, 2016

Make-A-List Monday - Back to Reality!

Hi, all!

Vacation is over, and we're back at home - - - and back to reality!  We had a great time, enjoyed a lot of sun and sand and ocean and food - but now it's time to get back to work!  I'm enjoying seeing pictures of my grandkids at the beach this week...


...and because they are at the beach this week, I should be able to get a LOT done!  Good thing, too, because my list is full.  But first, let's look at my list from two weeks ago and see how it went.  Hopefully not too much has hung over, but I haven't even looked at it in a week!

1.  Finish the quilt-along quilt top.
Done!  It was a lovely thing to see when I walked back into my studio on Saturday...


2.  Finish preparing the tutorial for the quilt-along.
Done!  The entire tutorial has been written, although I need a few more pictures.

3.  Start preparing the blogposts for the quilt-along.
Started, and still in progress.  Like I said, I need a few more pictures!

4.  Prepare kits for vacation sewing.
Done!  I took quite a few things with me, but only got to two of them.  The weather was just too pretty!

5.  Pack up tools and supplies for vacation sewing.
Done!  I managed to get everything except my travel cutting board in my sewing machine case - it's amazing how much this thing will hold!


6.  Take photographs of the t-shirts for the two commission quilts for quilt planning.
Done!  I used the time while my husband was driving wisely, planning out the two quilts so I'm ready to go with them this week!

7.  Cut apart a large donated quilt and add borders to make four smaller quilts.
Done!  They turned out really cute, and are a much more usable size now.  Plus there are four kids who will be comforted, and not just one!

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up this week!
Done!  We gave away four quilts this week...

This quilt went to a 16 year old girl with sickle cell anemia...


And this one went to an elderly couple; the husband has been diagnosed with aggressive acute lymphoma...


This pretty quilt went to a woman just diagnosed with breast cancer and facing surgery...


And this one went to a young mother who was diagnosed with a recurrence of stomach cancer.


   
OK, so all in all, not too bad for a list I hadn't even thought about in a week!  As I said, this week is going to be a "pedal to the metal" week, with the kids out of town and thus much fewer demands on my time, so here's a peek at what I'll be working on...

1.  Quilt the Christmas quilt-along quilt.

2.  Quilt at least some of the Stash Builder Box quilts.

3.  Deconstruct t-shirts and prepare the blocks for the first commission quilt.

4.  Quilt a baby quilt for a shower this weekend.

5.  Finish the quilt-along blogposts.

6.  Finish a commission table runner.

7.  Meet with a customer to pick out backing fabric for a future commission t-shirt quilt.

8.  Get estimates for tree work at our house (fun fun fun!!)

9.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Whew!  I'm exhausted just looking at that!  But it's all got to get done, and more besides if I get through all that.  At least it's stuff I love doing (well, except for the tree work estimates...) so it will be fun!

And don't forget that the Twelve Days of Christmas blog hop and Christmas quilt-along start on Thursday!!  If you want to join in the quilt-along, you can find the fabric requirements by clicking here.  One hour a day, twelve days, and you can have a completed Christmas quilt top by the end!  

So now the question is - - - what are you working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Your week is bursting at the seams, Sarah! Lots of fun things to work on and with the grandkids away, you'll be crossing items off left and right! I am slowly, but surely working on a lap quilt for my husband's elderly aunt. I'm in the quilting stage and should get back to it tomorrow. Have a productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your list makes me feel tired just reading,amazed just looking, and totally in awe listening. Your ministry quilts, from your hearts.
    And yes, I do have some red and green washed, and ironed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shmolely.....you've been busy! You've put me to shame...looking forward to the blog hop and 12 Days of Christmas quilt along.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, hopefully you're restored enough to get it all done. The quilt along quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so organized and busy! I swear, I do not know how you do it! lol. I love the QAL top. I must have missed that one. Who did it and is it done or can I still get in on it? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see lots of lots treed by the professionals... My advice (my credentials, I grew up on my uncle's nursery.) buy half of the trees they recommend. They have a vested interest in selling you lots of trees. The trees will take up more room as they grow, but you knew that. Good Luck.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!