Monday, November 9, 2015

Make-A-List Monday - Mission Accomplished - And Then Some!!!

Hi, all!

I just realized it's Monday!  My husband took the day off to celebrate his birthday, and my  time sense is all out of whack.  But I've got a lot to report about last week's list, so let's get to it!


1.  Finish the commission t-shirt quilt.
Done!  All finished and ready to be delivered.  I can't show a full pic because it's a Christmas present, but here's a little peek...


2.  Complete a commission quilting job.
Done!  Also finished and ready to be delivered.  This is a beautiful quilt - I'm sorry to see it leave the house!  No full pics because this one is a gift, but here's a peek...




3.  Make the back for a gift quilt for a friend.
Y'all, I not only made the back, but I quilted and bound the quilt and it's ready to be delivered to its new home!!  Just a peek right now - more on this one on Friday...


4.  Write a blog post about my China trip.
Done!  You can check it out here if you haven't seen it already...


5.  Drop off books at Goodwill.
Done, and not only the books, but also a load of kiddie toys that my grandkids are too old for now.  It feels good to clear out old stuff!

6.  Start getting the house ready for Thanksgiving company.
(My daughter usually hosts the combined family Thanksgiving dinner, but she is currently "homeless" as they are living with her husband's parents while their new house is being built.  So I get to host it this year - for about twenty folks!  Time to do some deep cleaning....)
In progress!  Just this morning, I cleaned out three major drawers in my kitchen, throwing away unused or old ratty utinsels and putting in new organizers to neaten things up.  I won't be embarrassed to have people open my drawers now!  Take a look at how pretty they are...









I cleaned all the outdated stuff out of my pantry, too!  It's amazing what accumulates in your cabinets that you completely forget about.  Let's not talk about the oldest items I found in there....

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  Only one quilt this week, which went to a woman who is dealing with her mother's terminal illness and a lot of other stress in her life.


I also took the picture of the kids with the quilts for Ethiopia...


...and did some more clean-out in the garage!


And then this afternoon and evening while my husband was in a meeting, I pieced and quilted this quilt and finished it up!  This one will be for the quilt ministry. We are making Christmas quilts to be given to shut-ins with their Thanksgiving dinner.


So I think I can safely say I knocked last week's list out of the park!  Feels really good, too.  All the commission jobs and non-family gifts are finished, and now I have some space to breathe!!  But before I get too comfortable, let's see what I need to work on this week...

1.  Work on a new Christmas quilt for myself!

2.  Clean the guest room and get it ready for my niece's visit in a couple of weeks.

3.  Clean out the pots and pans cabinet in the kitchen.

4.  Work on the appliqué for Lilli's annual quilt.

5.  Plan the menu for Thanksgiving dinner and prepare a shopping list.

6.  Clear out the garage enough so we can get a second car in it.  Preferably before there's frost on the pumpkin!

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

I've got the kids two mornings this week, Lilli wants me to pick her up after school one day, and I need to get my windshield replaced Thursday morning (never follow a gravel truck!) so I think this may be all I can safely get done this week.  We'll see!

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted just reading this! Lol. I want whatever vitamins YOU are taking! HA! I however did make a baby size rag quilt for a gift, an adult size rag quilt for a gift, and making progress on a scrappy Thanksgiving table runner & pumpkin patchwork pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Lana...just reading about all that you accomplished this week exhausts me!!! Still working on quilting a quilt for Kevin the Quilter after being at quilt retreat for 5 days last week!! Where I didn't finish the quilt I am making for me - I ran out of the silvery-gray thread I am using for the machine applique...and I don't have any more of that thread nor can I find it in any store or online!! How could Star Threads do that to me?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need a lie down after reading that. Good luck with your list. I'm just working on the one quilt this week if my wadding turns up in time xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so lazy after reading all you got done, when you hit the garage I think I needed to take a nap :). You must never stop moving.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!