Monday, November 23, 2015

Make-A-List Monday - Happy Thanksgiving Week!!!

Hi, all!

I hope you're each surviving the buildup to Thanksgiving well - I thought I was doing really great today until this happened...



Yes, I managed to back into my garage door before it opened completely!  That's what happens when there's too much on your mind, distracting you from the little things....  Needless to say, I've slowed down a bit and am being much more careful now!!



My husband (who is the absolute best) took care of covering the open door - the garage people can't get here until tomorrow to help us get it fixed - and he said, "Ain't no walkers getting in here tonight!"  I think we've watched just a little too much Walking Dead...

OK, enough of that!  Let's see how last week's list went...

1.  Stitch down the appliqués on Lilli's quilt.
Done!  This top is ready to quilt - now I need to work on the back.


2.  Plan the quilting on that quilt.
In progress!  I had a brilliant idea that I may or may not be able to actually make work...

3.  Quilt at least two quilts for the quilt ministry.
Done!  I actually did these two, plus another one that's in the list of this week's ministry quilts.  These two will be used by our homeless "room in the Inn" ministry this winter.  Both beautiful tops were pieced by Gayle B. and donated to the ministry - 
thanks again, Gayle!!



4.  Work on the fabric origami butterflies for Emmy's quilt.
In progress!  These are pretty simple to make while I'm watching tv at night, and I made a bunch of them last night.  Still need to go back and stitch some of the folds down so they don't come apart.


5.  Clean and shine up the wood floors in my house.
The floors are clean, but I still need to put down the "shine"!

6.  Shop for and pack up my Operation Christmas Child boxes.
Done and delivered!  Four boxes full of fun!


7.  Do the Thanksgiving grocery shopping (so my turkey can actually thaw in the refrigerator this year as recommended!)
Done!  I finished up the last of it this morning, but the turkey has been thawing in the fridge since Saturday - hooray!  It should be well and truly thawed by Thursday morning, just in time to go in the oven!

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  This quilt went to a young woman whose husband died very unexpectedly...


This quilt went to a woman with terminal cirrhosis of the liver...


This pretty quilt, made with orphan blocks, was given to a woman just diagnosed with uterine cancer.


This quilt went to a 15-year old boy whose father died last year, and whose mother died last week.  He is living with his grandparents, but has experienced such significant loss, we wanted to give him something to remind him that people are praying for him.


This quilt went to a young Marine with PTSD...


...and this quilt went to a man just diagnosed with colon and liver cancer.

This week I also got to have a sleepover with this lovely little lady, and we stopped by to see Alvin and the Chipmunks on our way to see The Peanuts Movie!



And this not-so-lovely lady decided to play with a skunk (her sister, too!) and we spent Sunday afternoon de-stinkifying our dogs!


So all in all, it was a busy, busy week!

One busy week past, but still lots to do!  So here's what's on the list for this week...

1.  Make a window seat cushion for a friend.

2.  Start another commission quilt for a friend.

3.  Make a back for Lilli's quilt.

4.  Keep working on the origami butterflies for Emmy's quilt.

5. Piece letter blocks for the back of Nathanael's quilt.

6.  Decorate the house for Christmas (after Thanksgiving dinner is over!)

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Definitely enough to keep me out of trouble this week - all on top of cooking Thanksgiving dinner (or at least part of it) for fourteen people this Thursday!  

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

PS - With Christmas projects on the brain, and not enough time to make everything I'd like to make before Christmas, I'm considering hosting a Christmas in July blog hop next July.  If you're interested in participating in the hop, please drop me an email at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com.  We've already got eight bloggers lined up, and I'd love to have lots more.  So if you want to be part of it, speak up now!  (Those of you who have already indicated that you're interested, you don't need to respond again!)  Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. What a blessing your quilt ministry is...I add all your quilt recipients to my prayer list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I think your husband might need a bigger stick! (Or a crossbow) Even before your WD comment I was thinking that when I saw the picture. Just recently got hooked on the show & watch 1 or 2 a day....so yeah....walkers are a bit on my mind too. Lol
    What a blessing you ladies are with your quilt ministry. Y'all belong on the 'thankful' list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. El Reductor De Grasa

    Diabetes is becoming more and more common in people in the Western world particularly in countries such as Australia and the United States. It is thought that poor diet, poor exercise and not leading a healthy lifestyle could be to blame.

    http://binarymetabot.com/el-reductor-de-grasa-de-wes-virgin/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sarah.....I know your garage door situation isn't funny.......but I have to admit my head got a-nodding when I read about it....esp. about slowing down. I recalled a similar event way back when....I backed out of our OPEN garage door but left the passenger side door open.....so not only did I wreck the side of the garage door opening, I totally wrecked the car door. YUP....too much on one's mind.....AND YOU my dear def. have a heart larger than anyone I know....always, always doing acts of kindess for others. I'm thankful to know you...if only by email!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, my goodness, you do have your hands full! And you certainly don't need the complications of the garage door and the skunk-ed dogs. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we lived at the lake (growing up) my mother kept a case of tomato juice and the liquid drops for de-skunking the dog). That dog never learned to stay away from skunks. As for the garage door, my son put a dent into ours, years ago. It's still there (door works, thank goodness). A Christmas in July hop sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!