Monday, August 18, 2014

Make-A-List Monday - Whew!!


Hi, all!

Whew!  I made it through last week and this week looks to be much more relaxed. Woohoo!!  I was so busy last week I didn't even look at my list - so I was really happy to see how much stuff got done!  Let's see how it went...

1.  Make the quilt for my doctor's wife.
Done and delivered!  I was very happy with the way this turned out and I hope it will be a comfort to her….

I used my collection of grunge solids...

And did straight line quilting.  Love the texture!

2.  Finish an antique top for a friend's father-in-law.
Done!  I think this turned out well.  I was a little worried about the age of the flimsy, but it held up through quilting and washing!


3.  Work on the quilt for my daughter to raffle at the craft show.
Accomplished!  In fact, the top is almost finished - here's what it looked like this morning… and I hope to have it completely assembled by tomorrow morning early.


4. Write up an estimate for a commission quilt.
Almost finished!  I need to check over my math and write a cover letter to go with it, then it's done!

5.  Help my niece finish some quilts to take with her to Canada (she's moving to Calgary for five years to work on her PhD)
Done!  We finished this quilt…


and this quilt...


and this one!


She should be set now for those cold winters in Canada!

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
Done, although I didn't do so well getting pictures!  Here are the ones I did take pictures of...


This one went as a comfort quilt to a woman who has suffered some major losses in the past few months...


This one went to a new baby boy...


This one went to a man suffering from Alzheimers...


And this one went to a woman just diagnosed with breast cancer.

We also did a quilt for a woman with MS and cancer throughout her body, but as I said, it went in the mail before I took a picture!

I'm so grateful that Rita, the orphan block queen, has also decided that she likes to quilt - she's been working at church during the week quilting 5-8 quilts a week all summer!  That means that we have a great stock of finished quilts, which makes it much quicker to get a quilt in someone's hands.  It's a good feeling!

And now, here's what's on my plate for this week

1.  Finish up the quilt for my daughter to raffle at the craft show!

2.  Send off the quilt estimate.

3.  Unpack and process fourteen boxes of fabric donations received this week. (WOW!)

4.  Quilt at least two quilts for the quilt ministry.

5.  Start cutting out the girls' annual quilts.

6.  Keep up with quilt ministry needs as they arise.

It feels strange not to have an overload of things that need to be done!  But I'm going to enjoy it while I can!!  

I'm also enjoying spending serious time with this little cutie


who is very serious about her pancakes in the morning.  Butter is a side dish, not a condiment!  She's become very independent - she wants to walk up and down my stairs all by herself!  Not that she gets to - when you live in a 140 year old house, the stairs are challenging at best.  We've had a couple of long discussions about that… handholding is mandatory!  But it's lots of fun to watch her grow and change every day…

OK - so that's what I'm working on this week.  And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. Stunning quilts. Well done on the finishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is wow. I wish I could be as prolific as you and give away more quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the grunge solid quilt you did. Nice choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the grunge quilt. It would be a great h2h quilt sew along. All the quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love Grunge and you have a spectacular quilt there - and I agree with Karen, that would be a great pattern for H2H. So many lovelies. And happy to hear you have a huge donation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure have been busy. Your finishes look great. I can relate to independent little ones. My daughter doesn't want to turn around to go down the stairs, nor does she think she needs help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you received 14 boxes, I am still working on the 16 boxes of fabric we received. I have 2 boxes left - I loved every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! You have been super busy and they are all such lovely finishes!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! cute collection.

    Thanks for the great post about the fabric. Apparel Fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are certainly a quilting Super Star! My To Do List overwhelms me sometimes, but then I look at yours and say, "Nah. I can do it!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always you keep so busy. Congrats on the finishes and I'm sure that by now you have a bunch more to show off.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!