Monday, December 17, 2012

Make-A-List Monday - The Home Stretch!


Hi, all!

Well, despite all my efforts to back pedal time, Christmas is rushing towards us!   I hope your Christmas crafting is coming along well, and that you won't have too many late nights in the next week...

Before I have to think about what needs to get done this week, let's look at how I did on last week's list.


1.  Finish the Christmas tree wall hanging.
Done!  Here's a teaser pic - I'll be sharing more of this on Friday!


2.  Bind the two quilt tops I quilted for the ministry.
Done!



3.  Put together another quilt top for a gift.
Done, but I can't show this one yet!

4.  Quilt that top.
Nope.  Still got to do this one...

5.  Wrap more packages!
Done, but there's still a big pile to do!

In my defense, I did also quilt three more ministry quilts, and bind two of them.  I'm hoping that there won't be any more requests this week!

And here's what I'll be working on this week....

1.  Bind the third ministry quilt.

2.  Quilt Emmy's quilt.

3.  Quilt the gift quilt.

4.  Finish piecing another gift quilt.

5.  Quilt that second gift quilt.

6.  Quilt a wall hanging.

7.  Finish Lilli's nightgown.

I thought this was going to be fairly simple this week, as my husband was going to be out of town and I had three nights when I could sew as late as I wanted - but plans changed and he didn't go.  So now I'm going to be scrambling to get all this done before Christmas.  But I'm pretty sure it's do-able - I've just got to make the best of my available sewing time and not waste any time at all!  Bill will be here to help with the girls during the day, and I'm really glad he'll be home and not away, so it will all work out for the best.  I'm looking on it as an early Christmas present!

Now I'm off to work on that binding, but my question is - - - what are you working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. I have 2 quilts to bind.Two to quilt and bind those two. Add some more quilting to my boss' quilt that was actually last years present, but I figure a quilt is worth a 2 year present. Work a 40 hour week and prepare for year end. Piece of cake! That reminds me I have to bake brownies and a cake and make baked beans for our Christmas dinner at work on Friday.
    How come it always sneeks up on us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finishing a few UFOs and now with the Sandy Hook - a group is coming tomorrow to make pillowcases to send.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished my stepmother's gifts over the weekend (apron, 2 pot holders and 2 mug rugs), so the only Christmas present I have left is my husband's bath robe! I would also like to baste and quilt my Christmas quilt, but that does not HAVE to be done, especially since I also have a birthday cake to make and we are going out of town on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being as it's a week before Christmas, I'm thinking Binding will be tops on my list. Lots and lots of binding. Oy vey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a car seat pillow I need to make, organize my sewing room before I can cut fabric for a quilt for church, start some pot holders. Have a list for January 1st already.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!