Friday, October 26, 2012

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Flurry of Quilts...

Hi, all!

Friday rolls around again - and what a Friday! It's not only Whoop Whoop Friday, it's also the beginning of the Blogger's Quilt Festival AND Quilt Market!  Now, if you, like me, can't go to Quilt Market, Blogger's Quilt Festival is the next best thing.  And if you've never participated before, there's no time like the present!  Hop over here to get more info....

And now, here's what I'm whooping about this week...






These two beautiful quilts were sent by our friend A.D. (anonymous donor) and already have found new homes...



...and this pretty quilt was quilted and given away, too!

And last but not least...


I finished the quilting and binding on this pretty quilt.  For those of you who have been following along on my blog, this is Christy's first quilt, which she had on the quilt frame at church when her aneurysm burst.  It was almost finished but needed a little repair work, as she had some problems with excess fabric as she reached the bottom of the quilt.  As I've said before, washing and drying cures a multitude of problems with a quilt - even though I still had some ripples and extra fabric when I finished the quilting, it was almost undetectable once it was washed and dried!  

Didn't Christy do a beautiful job with this one?  
Hard to believe it is her first quilt!

*%*%*%*%*%*%*

And now it's your turn!

What are you whooping about this week?

Share with all of us -

We want to whoop along with you!!

The linky party will close on Sunday at midnight...

Be there or be square!!

Hugs!

Sarah







13 comments:

  1. Those quilts are beautifully made. And I agree, Christy did an amazing job on her 1st quilt.

    Thanks for hosting.

    Donna
    This Year's Dozen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The A.D. quilts are very nice especially partial to the second one!

    Christy did a phenomenal job on her first quilt:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful quilts. You are so blessed to be able to share your quilting time with other women! What a wonderful opportunity. I hope that Christy recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the first quilt from your A.D. She (He?) makes really gorgeous quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilts! Love love love the whirly gig!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again! Some wonderful quilts and kudos to Christy. Yep, washing gets rid of lots of problems and sometimes I've even resorted to slip stitching the little wrinkle down to oblivion! That's why I like busy backs!!! Whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still saying prayers for Christy. What a beautiful first quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilts! That AD is an awful nice quilter ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many beautiful quilts. Praying for Christy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all so, so pretty! Christy did a wonderful job on that quilt, and so did you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! I'd be WHOOPING, too. :D I love your quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!