Sunday, May 2, 2010

I wish I had my sewing machine with me, but I don't know where I'd plug it in!

Hi, all!

Well, I'm sitting here in a Wendy's in Dickson, Tennessee, wishing I had brought my sewing machine on this little weekend jaunt. While we were in Jackson for a family wedding, flooding rains moved through Tennessee - currently we are sitting here because, while we only live on the far side of Nashville, apparently you can't get there from here! 12+ inches of rain have fallen, even the interstates are flooding, and the backroads are non-existent! So I'm sitting here looking at my new quilt magazines and wondering where the nearest quilt shop is - surely to goodness there's one in Dickson! Oh well, I don't think I could get my husband to buy into the thought that it would be a more interesting place to waste a few hours while they clear the roads than Wendy's!

I'm also hoping that the rising water has remained in the yard and isn't in my house - but there's nothing I can do about it from here so I refuse to worry about it! My fabric stash is upstairs, so I think it's safe - and that's the important thing, right? My husband, God love him, reminds me that a tree could have fallen on the house right on top of my sewing room. (sigh) He's my ride, so I have to stay here. But his drums are up there too, so he's not really wishing that happens.....

OK, that's enough for now - I just had to vent a little! We've never in our twenty-plus years in Middle Tennessee seen rain like this, so it's certainly an adventure...but I'm ready for the adventure to be over so I can get back to my sewing machine!

Later!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're safe! I hope your house is okay. There's a great little coffee shop in downtown Dickson:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are safe as well. I work in Nashville but live in Greenbrier, so our house was ok, but my work got flooded a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything is well with you. Let us know! I am glad you are safe!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!