Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Do You Sudoku?

Hello, all!

Well, here it is - my first sudoku-inspired quilt. I can guarantee you I will be doing many more of these - because I don't have to sweat out which colors look best next to each other! That's always my least favorite part of putting a quilt top together....... But I love the way these colors mesh and blend in this quilt.


This is a great scrap quilt, too - the center squares take 9 fat quarters, or about 5 inches of leftover fabric yardage (selvage to selvage) from a prior project in each color you use. Which is why it may become my new favorite - I can use up lots of leftover fabric this way!!

On a more serious note, this particular quilt will be going to a young woman who was diagnosed with a brain tumor fourteen months ago. This is part of a new ministry at my church, and I'm very excited to see it taking off in such a neat way. We forget sometimes how much love is contained in the making of a quilt - but it's a wonderful way to pass on that love to someone who needs it.


I'll be seeing a lot of my sewing peeps tonight at church - it will be fun to see what they have been working on this week! Having finished one project, I'm now at loose ends until I decide on what to work on next - although something tells me it had better involve sweeping, dusting and vacuuming, at least today!

Later!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Sarah! I know how much it meant and still means to me when I look at my quilt! You guys are showing God's love to so many people... it is really awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!